Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Week 35 - "The Notebook" and the mangeach or peachango

Week 35
Tons of highlights this week. First: Brother J got baptized! YES. We were so excited for him and his family. It has been such a neat experience to be part of his conversion process. He referred his parents to us last week and we are now teaching them. Also a super golden family we have been teaching for about a week accepted baptism with tear-filled eyes a few days ago. Literally they have been waiting for this for so long. Me and my comp decided to go hard for our last week and finally hit 50+ OYM's and 30+ lessons. That was awesome. Numbers aren't really important but goals are. And the goals we set last week really pushed us! Last highlight of the week: Elder Christensen from the presidency of the seventy came to speak to us on tuesday. 

Okay so I bought this super cool notebook made in India about a month ago and have been saving it. (Because I still have an obsession with school supplies) Anyway this week I finally found a good enough reason to start using it. Okay so first- Elder Christensen came and gave an amazing workshop on prayer. He basically went through with us the process of receiving personal revelation. He used the examples of Enos and Joseph Smith to explain that receiving revelation takes A LOT of work on our part. And a lot of focus. So he went through with us how we can be more active in our search for personal revelation. So that's what my notebook is. It's my book of revelations. (lame missionary pun) But really this week I have seen such a difference in the effectiveness of my personal study. I have been so much more focused, and I feel like Heavenly Father has really been answering my questions. Anyway the conference was amazing! I feel like I am just barely learning how to pray. And of course it was super fun to see all my missionary friend in far away places!

I have been reading this book that President let me borrow called "Act In Doctrine" by Elder Bednar. It literally is a compilation of everything I feel like I have learned on my mission. It is like the theme of my mission. Reading it has been so great. Everyone- read this book! It really outlines how we put our beliefs into action. 

Have a great week all! We are coming to the end of our transfer and it's pretty much a sure thing that me or my anak will be out. I'm super sad! But ready for the next step. I love her and am so grateful for all that she has taught me. 

Love

Sister Gaspar de Alba

fried fish and rice with banana catsup. just wanted to show everyone my weirdest favorite meal here! i literally buy this fish on the street. its so good

yesterday's dinner. it's a root- called gabi in tagalog. not sure in english. anyway dipping it in brown sugar and fresh graded coconut it super good! 

MY BATCH(: we were finally all together again! so cool to get to see all of them at halfway. we are still just as close as in the mtc. 

rain rain and more rain! (:


one of my favorite sisters in our ward here! shes awesome. she made me stand like that because she said my tallness was covering up the red flower. anyway she is AWESOME! her husband passed away bout 10 years ago and 1 year after that she served a full time mission just like what i do every day (walking and sweating) at 50+. shes super awesome


there was this like crazy rainbow thing in the clouds on friday night. so awesome

brother jay got baptized! 

okay is this hilarious or what? the guy next to me is our bishop! Hes super funny, he reminds me a lot of my dad, actually. And to the left is our WML. hes pretty cool

i found a new type of mango i like. called apple mango. but it tastes like peach mango together. it is SO good. literally like a peach mango mix. even the texture is a little more like peaches.

this is me pigging out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment