Monday, April 7, 2014

Week 27 - Sis von Trapp

Week 27
This week was crazy as usual. I keep thinking I will have a nornmal week one of these months with nothing special going on but i dont think that week exists! Anyway this week we had exchanges, the RS broadcast, interviews with President, and zone p-day! We had some really great lessons with investigators this week! Getting close to helping some of them be ready for baptism. 

So yes Zone p-day is first! SO fun. We went on this gorgeous hike that was literally one of the hardest hikes I have ever been on. Straight uphill, we are wiped. And we are all suoper sunburned! Even the Filipinos and islanders. Thats when you know it's hot. But it was of course so great to sit and chat with missionaries and just have fun together. Plus I literally started crying when we got to the top and saw the view. I love this place. 

Some cool experiences this week working with members: First we worked with a counselor in the RS presidency who went on a proselyting mission at 53 a year after her husband died. She did the same thing I do every day! So cool. Our lesson with her was perfect. Well no it wasn't...But the Spirit was there and our investigator really loved learning about tithing. Which is a huge concern of the area presidency because not a lot of members here pay it. So anyway this member shared her testimony in sacrament meeting about following promptings of The Spirit. She had been struggling but she felt prompted to work with us on this day with this investigator and the topic was what she needed to hear. I love Heavenly Father. He watches out for all of us so perfectly. Next cool story: One of our investigators has quit smoking for a week so far after we taught the word of wisdom last week. He prayed with so much fath asking Heavenly Father for the strength to do this. He had such great desire. AND guess what?! Heavenly Father answered his prayers. All of them! Not just that one. In one day, he heard from his wife who is far away in Syria, and he received a witnedd of the truthfulness of The Book of Mormon. I am so blessed to witness these miracles.

Our interviews with President was SO good. My companion was totally worried. President had us bring a written out vision for our areas. He said, "Sister- this is very ambitious. I know the only 2 people here who can accomplish all this are you and your companion. Make it happen." Then of course he made me cry as he teared up and thanked me for my hard work and told me I was becoming the missionary he expects of me. I feel like when he tells me those things, The Lord must be proud of me too. I have a long ways to go, but I am so grateful for being on the right road. 

Have a great week all! 

Sister Gaspar de Alba

this is called mangosteen. i cant even describe it but it is a really good fruit! elder toro is really awesome and knows its my fav so he brought us some from his area!

just chillin on a bike on the top of a mountain!

My district

having lunch!


we got to the top of our hike and one elder started singing: "the hills are alive! with the sound of music..." yeah we all cracked up. but really thats how gorgeous it was! Breathtaking.

1 comment:

  1. Kristina, this is amazing. I wish I had known you had a blog sooner. Otherwise I would have started following it sooner! I'm very proud to call you my friend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete