Monday, April 21, 2014

Week 29 - Easters and peanut butter sell out

Week 29

First of all shout out to my favorite sister missionary- Sister Despain who is training a new missionary! This week was sick week. I got sick! But we worked anyway then yesterday my body pretty much shut down. As did my brain. But I am all better now! Thank goodness. This week was really happy and just a lot of fun. honestly. Missions are so much fun! President came and visited us again this week and did some weekly planning with me and my companion. She was so nervous! I loved it though, and I helped her laugh it off and not be so scared of him. This week I was thinking about where my brother will go on his mission! Hopefully somewhere with people as great as here.

Two of our investigators got baptized this week! We were so happy. I love them. The best part was that the baptismal service we spent all week preparing for was so great! It was reverent and everyone was wearing church clothes! Probably because it was on Sunday but hey...improvement. And their testimonies were so wonderful to hear. It's such a rewarding experience to be part of someone's conversion process. They are technically a completed family but we are going to keep working with them and not let them relax until they are sealed. Sister Gloria's husband passed away 10 years ago so her son is preparing to be baptized for him in the temple next month.

This week I finished 2nd Nephi and learned so much this time around. SO amazing how you can literally read the same chapter or verse from The Book of Mormon a thousand times and get different insights every time. This week I really thought about Nephi and repentance. And how every time he decided to be just a little more obedient, or called on The Lord to strengthen him a little more, or was asked to show a little more faith- he was repenting. That's part of repentance, too. I felt that was a theme of conference too. The Atonement is not just for big sins, it's for our shortcomings. Until we are perfect we need The Atonement EVERY day. Whether our sin was small or big. Sin is sin period. I totally just had a huge light bulb moment and realized all that this last week. I've definitely changed the way i've been looking at repentance. And the way i've been repenting.

I love this area! Transfers are this week and I kinda have the transfer bug. Hope not! Love you all have a good week!

Sister Gaspar de Alba


it's literally this hot

rom left to right: my comp! brother razzel- a ward missionary, brother adonai and sister gloria ( my converts!) and brother allan (recent convert of the other sisters who was the baptizer) brother ronnie WML, and me

sister bona- a really awesome sister in our ward baptized last november

I'm a converted peanut butter lover!

my companion is the best and she always cooks for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment