Friday, January 23, 2015

Week 68

Week 68

Another great week here in Rosario. It was a little colder this week which was surprising! This week we had some wonderful faith building opportunities. I've also been full of gratitude this week for just the simple things in every day that we get to do as representatives of the Savior, Jesus Christ. Like talking to anyone and everyone. Also, I realized this past week how inspired our finding has been. I am so grateful for the power of the Spirit in the work. Last month we fasted and prayed to be lead to potential completed families, specifically for potential worthy Melchizedek Priesthood holders. I realized that last night from going to almost all of our investigators being women, this week we realized they are almost all men. Answered prayers. 

First I wanted to share a cool miracle that happened. About Brother Ernani. We found him 2 weeks ago and last week began teaching him. He has a brother who is a member so he knows a little bit about the church and has been reading the Book of Mormon for quite some time. He has insomnia and has tried different medications but always has come back to hard liquor to help him sleep. Needless to say, committing him to live the word of wisdom took a lot of faith on our part and his part. He committed and our ward mission leader came with us to give him a priesthood blessing on sunday. He slept that night but monday he drank again, on tuesday we taught him and recommitted him. I felt a little doubt in our practice teaching so that entire day we focused on trying to strengthen our faith in God's promises dound in D&C 89. He did not drink that week and did not sleep for 3 nights- huge test of faith! Then after teaching him on Saturday, he really wanted to give up. We had a powerful lesson and later on our way home felt prompted to go back and see him again. When we walked in, he offered to give us a ride home in his trike. Then as we were driving, I felt prompted to give him the herbal tea i use to sleep sometimes and the essential oils my mom sent a few months ago. The next day he was 30 minutes early to church and told us he had slept for 6 hours for the first time in almost 4 years. Tears came to my eyes as a scripture came to mind from Isaiah. "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the Lord."

Training is going great! I love Sister Viloria more and more every week as I see her grow and reach her potential. This must be a little taste of what our Father in Heaven feels for his children. I had decided before training that the thing that helped me the most at the beginning of my mission was just learning the gospel doctrines and deepening my conversion through diligent study. I have tried to show her that and lead her to do the same as we have done training together. I noticed this week how powerful her teaching is because of our studies together, and just conversations as we are walking. She gave a talk in sacrament meeting and it was wonderful. So simply stated about the Plan of Salvation. I was so proud, she has come so far. And the best part has been coming with her. 

Have a good week! Love

Sister Gaspar de Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment