Tuesday, January 13, 2015

week 66

Week 66
Well this week was pretty normal. I didn't take very many pictures because I have been so exhausted! This week was really good for teaching, we didn't have any meetings for once in like 2 months. We focused on some investigators that will be baptized this coming Saturday in preparing them for their interview. Our big miracle this week was 2 of the potential completed families we are teaching came to church. Our investigator class was huge, almost as big as gospel doctrine. We were so happy to see how good these investigators felt at church. We had a great testimony meeting. 

This past week I've been working on developing the attribute of Hope. As I've been studying the life of Christ I've noticed how hopeful He was. Despite how little followers He started with, He was fully confident in the plan of His Father and the way that plan was brought about. I feel like that is something I really need to work on. Sometimes I feel like my faith falters because I can't see the bigger picture. I loose trust and hope in Heavenly Father's plan for me. But I've realized that agency and faith go hand in hand. With faith, I need to choose to press forward trusting in the revelation I have received. I'm working on it!

We focused our training this week on the Book of Mormon and it's role in bringing others to Christ. It is literally the most satisfying thing just watching and listening to my companion teach our investigators with power and full of the Spirit. And watch the effect it has on them. She has grown and improved so much. I am continually trying to step back and just let her shine. She has been such a blessing in my life and taught me a lot about faith. 

We have a busy week lined up with new investigators and big plans with the ward! Our Ward Mission Leader is on fire and just got everything organized for the ward mission plan that will be coming soon. Our members are wonderful.

Have a good week!
Love 

Sister Gaspar de Alba

No comments:

Post a Comment