Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 58

Week 58
Alright I can finally say that this was not a crazy week. (In comparison to the previous 15 or so.) We had exchanges in Candelaria. And I got to exchange with two of my batchmates! Who roomed with me in the MTC. It is just so neat to see how everyone's unique experience as a missionary molds and changes them in difference ways. Heavenly Father truly knows us best. We also had zone training meeting this week. I'll miss Lucena zone! (The biggest one in the mission. There are sround 40 missionaries.) Also we had stake conference. And a meeting for the new trainers..San Pablo trips again. 

So this week I had a few little tender moments that reminded me a whole lot of my mom! Just getting a little emotional about small things. First of all- as we were in zone training, having our practice teaching I just had this moment where everything kind of slowed down. And I thought, When in your life again will you get to be sitting in a chapel, full of people who's greatest desire is to invite others to come unto Christ. I looked around and saw everyone teaching so sincerely and The Spirit just overwhelmed me. And my next thought was, "I can't leave this. I can't give this up." Sometimes it is really hard thinking about not being a missionary in a few months. But I try not to dwell on it, and enjoy the time I have left. One of our Zone Leaders who's become a good friend of mine said "Oh no, Sister Gaspar de Alba is having one of her moments again!" 

This week I have been studying a talk by Elder Scoot from 2010 called "The transforming power of Faith and Character." I've been studying it along side Alma 32. And it is so interesting to notice how similar the teachings of prophets in the Book of Mormon and our modern prophets are. It's the same doctrines. So what Elder Scoot talks about is how the exercise of faith builds character and molds us into who we are. He went on to talk about even the small every day decisions that we made determine who we are. Heavenly Father uses our faith to change us. I love that. The more we exercise faith, the more like Him we become. Then we are more able (because of consistent strong character) to exercise even greater faith. So cool! So that's something I am working on right now. Really getting into Chapter 6 of Preach My Gospel and having a more consistently righteous character. 

We have been finding some really prepared investigators so we are super excited to go back and continue teaching them. Thanks for the prayers and love. I will need them this week with re-opening! I am continually praying for the new sister I will train. I just want to help her so much. 

Love
Sister Gaspar de Alba
           
           



Classic, this elder in the front made me laugh pretty hard (hence the laughing face) He is hilarious!

just crossing the river to an appointment while on exchanges. Funny story: there was another way to cross but the cow in the road kept chasing us so we had to go around!

This is Danica. She is a really good example for me. She is a member who works with us often.

Making calamansi juice

The Ambas Family! This family is hilarious. Its been so good to get to know Bishop and his family better this transfer.

Life as a missionary, planning in the dark.

I love this picture! too funny- Elder Maglasang

I'm going to miss my companion

Before the new trainers meeting we went to this little cafe called, "Si Christina." We felt super mayaman eating omelets and hot chocolate.

My companion took this picture of downtown, Tayabas

No comments:

Post a Comment