Monday, November 17, 2014

Week 57

Week 57
Another crazy week! We were in Marinduque until wednesday, then came home just in time to pack and prepare to leave thursday afternoon for san pablo. Then we had Mission Leadership Council Meeting on Friday and headed home that night. Crazy! We were in our area for 2 1/2 days total this week. Then earlier, we came to Lucena for Zone P-day. Good to see so many friends in one week! Also I have some news: For my last 12 weeks in the mission I will be training a new missionary! I am SO beyond excited! What an answer to my prayers. I am grateful for the opportunity! So, that means I will be transferred next week. 

Just two main things I wanted to write about this week: MLC & Church yesterday. First- MLC was great. It is such a privilege to be there with so many dedicated missionaries. President Mangum had some really good words of counsel. I had been praying for a while to know during that meeting how I could push myself to change and take full advantage of the time I have left. I got LOTS of answers. Something that my companion and I really have been having a hard time with is trunkyness! Because we are the same batch, and naturally get a long well. I felt distractedby some of the conversations. Long story short: I am so grateful for the wonderful gift of Repentance. After that meeting I thought to myself, "I just want to take the sacrament." So for the few days before Sunday, I really prepared myself by continual repentance to partake of the sacrament. Then we had the primary program. And as the kids sang "I Stand All Amazed" (which is my favorite hymn) I felt the Spirit just wash through me. There is nothing like the feeling of being cleansed from sin. And it was such a powerful witness to me of how amazing it is that even small children can understand and feel the significance of the sacrifice of Our Savior. I was just full of gratitude, and of course started crying! 

Second experience: At church yesterday we were really excited to see our ward mission leader looking well and healthy again. He came with a folder and was super ready to have our meeting. He even invited all of the auxiliary presidents to coordinate. HUGE steps. Then as they were all talking, they began to ask us questions about Preach My Gospel and telling us that they felt some things were more effective with the discussions, and the old way of doing missionary work. Anyway- many concerns surfaced. And I felt really sad that they were not accepting Preach My Gospel. Then our ward mission leader stood up and expressed to them that was wrong. He talked about Revelation and how they needed to accept the revelation coming from our latter-day prophets. He said that he knew that we (the 4 missionaries) felt a lack of support from the members. He committed them to begin reading (as he had a few weeks ago) and to help us out more. It was sweet! But a real testimony to me of the reason that he is our ward mission leader. He is humble, and He really wants to serve The Lord's way. 

Have a good week all! 
I am getting SUPER emotional all the time now just trying to soak up every moment. Thanks for the prayers and love!
Sister Gaspar de Alba
           
           


one of the hanging bridges we saw on exchanges with sister Dula

My companion and I finished this entire cake! So good. It's really fluffy so you have to eat a lot to get full. Its from a famous bakery around Quezon Province found here in Tayabas, called Rodillia's.

we thought this was funny- Slackers! We took it the picture when we went biking around the Sampalok Lake in San Pablo before MLC on Friday.

Yay we were so excited to get a package! Thanks Aunt Jen for the candy!

Lunch of the week-tortang talong with coma tis and cebullas.

Zone p-day

One of the zone leaders took this picture of Marinduque

No comments:

Post a Comment