Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Week 70


Week 70

Okay so this week was pretty insane. Lots of random things coming out of nowhere! Like less actives finally warming up to us, an investigator having some interesting concerns, going on my last exchange, and of course having a wonderful fast Sunday. That's the mission. I loved this week.

The members in our ward were on fire working with us this week. What a difference it made in our lessons. Especially this one lesson with a new investigator we have been teaching for about a week and a half. She has come to church twice and is so progressing. She is 16 years old. We have been trying to have her mom participate in lessons but she won't comment, at least she is there though listening. She is grateful that her daughter is actively seeking, though. We invited one of the young women her age to come with us to the lesson and her testimony was so powerful. I think maybe I forgot the power of a converted young woman. We taught about the restoration and this sister could relate so perfectly to Joseph Smith. One of my favorite things to tell investigators is that it is good to ask questions, that they come from deep in our souls because we know that we come from a Father in heaven. And that through the power of the holy ghost, all of those questions will eventually be answered. She has received a witness that the church is true and is super excited to be baptized in March with one of the families we are teaching. Her faith is so inspiring. It made me think of the stripling warriors and other examples from the scriptures of that kind of faith. I am so grateful for the youth that were so strong so young, and helped those around them gain a desire to develop a personal testimony.

This week I have been thinking more about our desires. I came across D&C 6:8 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, even as you desire of me so it shall be unto you; and if you desire, you shall be the means of doing much good in this generation." Our Father in Heaven loves us so much that he will grant unto us our desires. So I thought about whether or not at the end of the day I will be happy with what I get. Interesting to think about. I think as a striving disciple of Christ, I will be pretty happy. But there are still things I am working on. Righteous desires i need to develop, and worldly desires that don't help me come closer to Christ. But I know that through His Atonement our entire natures can change. So much so that we can no longer desire to do anything that will case the Spirit to drift away from us. I am so grateful for my mission and all of the things I have learned. When I think about it, I get a little overwhelmed at how merciful and kind God is. He really lives. I know that.

Have a good week everyone!
Love

Sister Gaspar de Alba

1 comment:

  1. Sister Gaspar Dealba, I just wanna thank you for being there, to share how our Lord Jesus Christ & Heavenly Father loves us. Now that I'm 22years old I have the desire to go on a mission someday.

    ReplyDelete