Sunday, December 21, 2014

Week 63

Week 63

Okay first I would just like to say MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone reading this and maligayang pasko sa inyong lahat. mahal ko kayo(: This was just a really perfect week. It's Christmas in the Philippines which is the happiest place to celebrate it. I just love using the birth of our Savior to strike up conversations with people and ask how they feel at this time of year. The weeks are beginning to blur together. The Batch that leaves before me is leaving in one week. And everyone keeps telling me, "you're next!" I will share my testimony at zone conference tomorrow, and I am oh so nervous that I am actually at this point in my mission. 

We had a really neat experience teaching this week. My first week here, my companion and I had a pretty strong impression that a certain member would be a perfect fellowshipper for one of our investigators. Because of scheduling conflicts, she has not been able to come with us to a lesson until this past week. We picked up this sweet sister on Friday and went together to our investigator. While our member was sharing how the book of mormon has blessed her life, tears started pouring down the face of our investigator. We let some silent moments go by for the Spirit to testify to the heart of Sister Lorena of what our member was saying. Then she looked up and said, "parehas pa la tayo." Means: we are very similar after all. Then she began to share with our member her testimony of the book of mormon. It was such a good lesson. The faith of our investigator is continually being tried, but she is progressing wonderfully. 

This week I have loved reading Jesus The Christ along with the New Testament. This week what stood out to me the most was reading and studying about the characteristics of the 12 apostles of Christ. Specifically that they were all humble and teachable. They were willing to be corrected and welcomed it with an open heart. This was how, I think., they continued to repent and leave their previous life behind to become true disciples. I also was touched at how much time the Savior spent praying and pondering before he called them as apostles and set them apart. I am working to continue and become better every day. My heart is so filled with gratitude for Him sacrificing for my imperfections. I love this time of year! 

This week will be pretty crazy. But I am excited to teach our investigators 
Have a good week!
Love 
Sister Gaspar de Alba

Just some Christmas fun before bed.

On exchanges in Lipa, I got to meet the Gregario family. They were taught by some sisters I really looked up to that have since gone home. It was neat to see the the blessings this family had received for their hard work.

some zone p-day scavenger hunt madness we played earlier

No comments:

Post a Comment