Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Week 61

Week 61

This week was Miracle week/ typhoon week. Pretty crazy. We had a really amazing week last week. Then President wanted us to leave Rosario before the storm hit so we came to Lipa to stay with the STL's. Got here on Sunday and will hopefully be able to leave later in the afternoon back to our area. Thank you so much for the prayers and thoughts. We are all safe and accounted for. I just want to go check on our members and investigators already!

A few miracles in finding this week: 2 Part member families we met want to be taught and the husbands want to be baptized. Also, one of the OYM's we went to follow up with was very receptive and desperately needed the plan of salvation to be made known to her. She felt such a new sense of hope for her daughter who died last year. Turns out, her niece was taught a few months ago and she also accepted baptism. Also, A family of 9 (grown) children that we are teaching is super interested. We started teaching one, and now we are teaching 3 of the siblings who are all receiving a witness of the truth. They all came to our Ward Fmaily Home Evening and loved it. Then they came to church on Sunday. When we went to do a follow up lesson with them, they accepted the Restoration expressed to us how they are excited to be baptized in January. They were taught a long time ago in Lopez and have been praying and waiting for missionaries ever since. Also a random member from another stake drove up to us while we were walking alongside the high way coming from an appointment and told us that he works in Rosario and has been looking for the missionaries because he has lots of referrals. I am just so full of tears of gratitude every time I reflect on the past week. Heavenly Father is really hastening His work in Rosario. Sister Viloria and I are continuing to strive for perfect diligence and obedience to be worthy of the blessings that this ward needs. 

I have been reading in the New Testament in the book of Matthew alongside Jesus the Christ. Just this morning I was so amazed as I was reading about Christ being tempted while He was fasting. Even though he experienced temptations that strong, he overcame them. What faith. I love learning more about His life. What a special time of the year it is to look back and reflect on the life of our Savior. As I've been thinking about what I can give to Him in return, repentance comes to mind. As I continue to repent and sty to be more like him, I will be giving more and more of myself to Him and his work. 

For the first time in my life I bought a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, my mom's fav. I actually liked it.

friday- day one of pre-storm

this is sister Jovie. She is so great! We went to house for lunch on her birthday. She has helped a bunch in finding our investigators houses.

On our way to one of our investigators houses. I don't know how I am so blessed to have 3 areas in a row that are so beautiful!

just feeding a baby goat

My favorite tongan, sister Taufa! We stayed 2 nights with the sisters in Lipa city when we evacuated Rosario.

I heard a pop last night and smelt burning wires in the middle of the storm.  So I go downstairs at 5 am to sniff it out and found this.

No comments:

Post a Comment