Sunday, February 16, 2014

Week 19 - one week late

Week 19

I literally cannot even begin to explain this week. I haven't even processed it all yet! My brain is kind of a scrambled mess at the moment! For starters, it is getting hot and hotter over here in asia. And I am getting brown and browner. YES. Also, i found the best pandesal and homemade peanut butter in my first week which pleases me probably more than it should. The peanut butter here is so addictive.

So my anak (sister pajo) is basically the most mabait person i have ever met. She is such a sweetheart. She is really teaching me by example what it means to be teachable. Our training is awesome I have never felt like my teaching has improved very quickly. But she is teaching me how to teach. Lots of teaching. I seriously love her so much, her desire to be here is so strong.

We did lots of tracting this week! Basically what happened is we took the addresses of former investigators and went hunting. We found 1 of them and taught 0 of them. But every day we were led to other people who have been prepared to hear the gospel. I have no idea where these people came from and really am having a hard time understanding how we even got to them. The Spirit played such a big role in finding. I have never taught so many lessons in a week. And I have never reached all of our goals. But this week we hit every single one! I was so excited, I texted President and told him.

Some really amazing lessons happened this week. One sister who had been taught by 4 other sets of missionaries opened up to us about not understanding really The Book of Mormon. As we listened to her, we gained her trust enough for her to ask us the questions she needed answered. Then we got to hear her pray for the first time...EVER. The Spirit filled the room and she was able to feel the truthfulness of our message that day.She came to a baptism on saturday then to church on Sunday and is hopefully being baptized on March 8(:

I love this area already! The people here are so ready. This week was a miracle. And I really think we had this much success because of the great faith of Sister Pajo. Last week we had a lot of heart-to-hearts about faith and relying on The Spirit. And because of that faith we are leaning to have, Heavenly Father is blessing us with more opportunities to share His gospel. I love my mission. I love this opportunity and I love what I am learning! These lessons take time and patience but the reward is better than anything.

d&c 123:17 Therefore, dearly beloved brethren, let us acheerfully bdo all things that lie in our power; and then may we stand still, with the utmost assurance, to see the csalvation of God, and for his arm to be revealed.

Have a great week all!
-Sister Gaspar de Alba




welcome to my new area(:

zone p-day! at come water falls outside of san pablo city

me and my anak

this is what missionaries do on p-day in the pines. some super magaling elders cook delicious food while we sit around a water fall to talk and play games. the BEST.

this sister is from indonesia. sister napitupulu. i was SO excited to find out she's in our zone. we met in november. she is hilarious!

a super old cemetery we drove by kanina. there is so much history being closer to san pablo city, i love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment