Sunday, February 2, 2014

Week 18 - new companion, new area, training, aaaahhhh!

This was probably the longest week since my first transfer! I was anxious waiting for my anak to come on thursday and i totally thought I would get an American. Psych! i got a filipina. She is the most sincere person I have ever met. She is 20 years old and might be even smaller than my last companion!

So on Thursday I went to the meeting by myself. All the way to San Pablo with my luggage...rough. But the Elders said no rides for me! But it was okay, I got there fine. Then we got our companions and drove 30 minutes to my new area. It is SO beautiful! I have never been somewhere so gorgeous. It is a smaller town and most people are related. We took a look in our area book and i started panicing. There were 0 investogators and hardly any information. So my companion was worried as she noticed I began to worry. So President came to our house and sat with us and we made some plans. The next day we went to see the bishop and RS president with our ward mission leader. He is awesome, and the bishop was so appreciative of our willingness to help him. The area was previously split in half by the other sisters but we changed that as adviced by bishop. We have plans to see a lot of Less-Actives, Members, and former investigators this week so we can start to get a teaching pool.

This week I am really being humbled. The first day when i tried to do this on my own, we totally failed. We got into 0 houses after tracting all afternoon. But when my companion and I really took the time to plan and pray, we were able to be led by The Lord. He led us to our ward leaders, they really need our help!

Thanks for the prayers everyone! Training is going really well, my companion is already an amazing teacher and she really loves the people she teaches. I am learning patience. I keep praying and just telling Heavenly Father that I dont really know what to do. But I have faith that through The Spirit, we will be led to those who are prepared for us. I really know that is true. He is there for us, waiting to bless us. As we remain faithful to him even in our trials.

Love

-Sister Gaspar de Alba

these cool kids are kavsat with us! me and elder toro hail from north west vegas *kinda. and elder callianga and sister galabo are from the same stake in cagayan de oro in visayas. needless to say we were best friends last transfer! also they are in the other cabuyao ward, so we always would see them on p-days. clowns.

Saying goodbye to the Pichon family. I love them!

The Obungin family. This woman is amazing. She truly is a member missionary to everyone she meets.

this is AP Merriam at his finest. But really, this picture describes us perfectly. I was sad he got released as AP! Mostly because he always used to drive us home and have sweet life chats. He goes home in one transfer.

sister beaumont finally made it! YES. and the best part is that her trainer is Sister Williams! hilarious. She was in our district in the MTC as well

we finally took a normal picture. my nanay is training too! 

me and my anak! sister Pajo! She is from Bohol, so we are learning how to speak tagalog together, her language is Cebuano

Athough our time was short as house-mates....this girl is one of my favorites. i am re-opening her old area! Sister Tua One

me and the cutest little filipino kid ever- camille

No comments:

Post a Comment