Monday, November 4, 2013

Week 6 - raw chicken! and curfew

Literally. Cant. Believe. how fast time is going. kinda starting to make me worry. Come Saturday night, and my companion and I realize we don't know what to write home about. This week seriously flew. We had 3 days with early curfews this week for halloween, all soul's day, and election day. These philippinos get pretty crazy on those days and President is SO protective about Sisters. So we got some extra study time in. To celebrate Halloween, my companion and me of course went to mang inasal- our fav philippino restaurant. Ramdom news for the week: I finally got sick! From some raw chicken at this tiny restaurant after district meeting on wednesday. The good news is- it was just raw chicken and it came back up so yay no stomach worms! I am all good now. We also had a brownout. The electricity went out at midnight and came back on at 6 am. We definitely noticed because our room got to 90 degrees. SO HOT without our fans! Also- this morning was zone p-day so we went on a hike in los banos...i know. hilarious. It was so gorgeous! I literally live in the jungle. I LOVE the philippines. So pretty. Plus the added bonus of being around cool older sisters full of wisdom and really dorky hilarious awkward elders.

I got to work some more on my concerns book this week, which was seriously the greatest. I'm making lists of scriptures for a lot of common concerns people have. Apparently every good missionary has one...they are SO helpful to bring to lessons so you can always be prepared for any concern.

I learned a lot this week about patience and love. A few of our investigators require a lot of extra patience and love. It's hard to know exactly how to help your investigators. But this week I learned so much about loving them. It you love them, you will listen to them. And if you listen to them, the Spirit will tell you how to help them. It's really just that simple.

I finished the Book of Mormon last monday and started it again. I'm in Mosiah right now and I feel like I finally understand it! Well...chronologically. Reading it fast kinda helps you map out the timeline in your head. Also i've been reading it with themes in mind. Right now i'm reading it with a few words phrases I’m looking for: power & authority, and remember. I love the Book of Mormon. Every time i testify of it, I am so grateful for the teachings it has.

Love you all!

-Sister Gaspar de Alba

happy zone p day to us. and we were definitely stoked to wear shades.

me and sister burt on this killer hike. we were the only sisters at the front. frankly, i was just stoked to finally be outside! 

welcome to my paradise

hiking time with my trainer and the zone

No comments:

Post a Comment