Monday, December 2, 2013

Week 9 - Mission Conference boost

This week was really good- we got more work in. YAY. I love working hard. We still got punted a lot but we got way more teaching appointments in and got to see more of my investigators. It's almost Christmas! They seriously celebrate CHristmas here from September to December. It's the best! Christmas everything everywhere. I love it. I bought some clothes here this week for the first time. for 100 pesos I got a shirt and a skirt. (that's about $2.50) I love the Philippines- everything is so crazy cheap. I love the ukay-ukays here. (second-hand stores) My philippina companion laughed and was surprised when I told her we have those in America and Americans buy second-hand clothes.

On Monday we had a mission conference with Elder Neilsen, our Area President. I love those meetings! We get to see all our missionary friends in other areas AND hear really awesome talks. He focused on The Atonement and a talk given by Elder Bednar about how to use the enabling power of The Atonement. Sister Neilsen talked about remembering that we need to realize that we are here on missions to change. We need to recognize that, and focus on becoming more Christlike. They were such great talks, I felt the Spirit all day. I learned so much about how to become better, and what attributes I need to work on.

My companion and I are getting to know each other a lot better, that's always good. We're finally past the awkward first 2 weeks. Classic mission life. We laugh and have fun together. She talks SO much, more than me! That's hard to come by. I have a tagalog nosebleed every day by like 9 am, but I think I'm improving.

Love,

Sister Gaspar de Alba

me and sister meti! she goes home in january :( i love her.

on the ride back from the mission conference! in a jeepney. these clowns in the front are in my zone.
comp selfie #1- official ice breaker

this is my gorgeous view 2 times a week as we drive back from marinig. we usually travel about an hour to go teach on tuesdays and thursdays. Our area is really big


No comments:

Post a Comment